For obvious reasons, I don’t feature my lingerie on the blog…but given the week that’s in it, I thought I’d have a look at some stylish and sexy Valentine’s Day smalls on the Figleaves website. I had NO idea that they had a UK based site and having shopped there in the US, I was super excited to see what they have to offer and delighted to see that it’s not just about lingerie & nightwear, they stock maternity wear, lounge wear and regular clothing too – by brands such as Weird Fish and Joules. But park that for now – here are my favourite sets…practical, wearable and not a bit of red or black scratchy lace in sight….
First up, a cleavage enhancing Caprice number for those of us who were at the back of the boob queue:
A colour I always look for in underwear, which is surprisingly neutral under clothing, is grey. We might think that black or red are sexy but how sexy is this grey set with a bit of animal print thrown in for good measure – rawrrr!
|Kayla Banded Underwire Bra|
Proper Valentines pinkness now but still a comfy fit and it comes with proper pants and is on 20% off at the moment!
|Panache Tango Balconette Bra|
And my personal favourite though a bit of a budget buster but you’d have this set for years. Who knew Stella McCartney designed underwear?
|Stella McCartney Jodie Rocking Contour Bra|
If you don’t feel super confident about leaping about the bedroom in your undies, here’s a sexy and stylish cover-up..
|Freya Sweet Dreams Chemise|
And for my pregnant or feeding readers, there’s no excuse not to look gorgeous on Valentine’s Day...Figleaves stock Hot Milk so you can truly be a sexy Mama or Mama-to-be
My Valentine’s Lingerie top tips?
- First things first – it’s got to match…and this top tip applies 365 days a year. Don’t go out there without matching bra and pants. You never know who you might meet and don’t forget the hospital scenario (drilled into me as a child) – you do NOT want to find yourself rushed to A&E in mismatched undies – what would the doctors and nurses say? Because they notice these things…
- Don’t buy anything for Valentines that you wouldn’t happily wear every day – sexy is about more than the colour or style..it’s about being comfortable in what you’re wearing
- Get measured – we’ve all heard this so many times but I speak from experience when I tell you the difference it makes, with and without clothes!
- Chose different colours – grey and pink are far more flattering to wear than black or red
- Take care when washing your smalls – they last AGES if you look after them right. Again speaking from experience.
But at the end of the day, it’s ok to do what a fair percentage of mums will do on the night and don some gorgeous, comfy, cosy PJ’s…
|Adore Silk Blend Thermals|