I counted about 30 items in total, including scarves, shoes & bags..here's the breakdown. 5 tops in various colours:
Four vests - 2 white and 2 neutral:
Three pieces of knitwear. One jumper, one long cardigan & one cropped cardigan:
Four scarves - with co-ordinating jewellery:
Two jackets - a lightweight mac and a casual blazer:
One lightweight jersey knee-length dress - hopefully will get the weather to wear:
Two pairs of shoes, one pair of sandals & one cross-body bag:
Two pairs of jeans - one blue skinny & one white cropped - and how it all looks in the suitcase:
I've also laid out what I'm wearing on the plane - adding a denim jacket, coloured jeans, a scarf, larger cross-body bag and shoes (to be decided on - possibly converse)
And my cosmetics/skincare is pared right back also. I'm a Neal's Yard consultant so at this time of year, I order in lots of samples tubes/sachets to bring with me, thereby cutting down on bottles/tubes/jars in my luggage. I'm bringing a 1/3rd full deodorant and face & body self tan - all will be binned on the last day of the holidays as they'll be empty by then. Can't forget the contact lenses too!
So my staycation packing tips?
- Stick to one colour palette - I've kept my wardrobe quite neutral and everything goes with at least two other things in the suitcase.
- Bring partly used bottles/tubes/containers of skincare/cosmetics. Jettison at the end of the holiday!
- Ask at the make-up counter for sample sachets and tubes of skincare and cosmetics. Also pick up a sample of perfume to bring with you.
- Don't pack heels - they take up too much space and are not comfortable enough for a holiday - you WON'T miss them!
- Don't bring anything you don't normally wear at home. You won't wear it on holidays either. The exception to this is if you're going to the sun. In which case, you can bring all the summer clothes you can't wear here at home!
- When you've packed it all in the case, take out two items. Be RUTHLESS! There'll always be a shop where you're going and it's the perfect excuse to buy while you're away...and you'll have plenty of room to bring it home :)
Have you any packing tips or advice - please share it with me!